A day of shopping ended badly for a Gwinnett County man after he left two bags unattended in the Mall of Georgia food court on Dec. 23.
The man said he left the bags at a table while he picked up his food order. According to the police report, the man was only away from his table for approximately two minutes. When he returned, the bags were missing. A witness seated nearby told the man two females walked up to the table, picked up the bags and left. By the time police arrived, the witness was gone and the officer was unable to obtain a suspect description.
The man said the bags contained seven jackets valued at $350 and perfume valued at $80.
The investigating officer advised the man to alert the stores in case the thieves attempted to return or exchange the merchandise. Mall security indicated they would review their security footage and contact police if the theft was captured on surveillance.
The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Arrestee to Cop: ‘I’m Just Tired of This’
- Woman Says She Was Robbed at Gunpoint Near Bowling Alley
- Walmart Shoplifter Stopped ‘at Taser Point’
- Buford Man Discovers Identity Theft When Credit Card Statement Arrives
- 17 Killed in Holiday Weekend Accidents in Georgia