The Atlanta Field Division, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible for a Sept. 14 burglary and firearms theft at Buck-N-Bass in Buford, Ga.
According to an ATF press release, suspect(s) used a stolen pickup truck to smash into the front door and wall of the store, which is located at 4901 Summer Oak Drive. Several handguns and rifles were stolen.
"The burglary and theft of firearms from an FFL is a very serious crime and a top priority for ATF," said Special Agent in Charge Scott Sweetow in a released statement. "Having investigated similar cases in the past, we know stolen firearms are used in furtherance of drug- and gang-related activities and are utilized by violent criminals to perpetrate additional crimes."
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to call ATF at (404) 379-1152 or call the ATF Hotline at 1-800-ATF-GUNS (800-283-4867). Callers can remain anonymous.
More information about ATF and its programs is available at www.atf.gov.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Thief With Eyeglasses ‘Like LeBron James’ Snatches Computer
- Accused Apartment Arsonist Had Previously Been Found With Bowl of Burning Dog Food
- Car Stolen After Auto Shop Employee Leaves Engine Running
- Buford Docket Book for Oct. 9
- Armed Confrontation at Bogan Park Ends in Three Arrests