It's that time of year again -- time to grab a bowl of popcorn, plop down on the sofa and get the bejesus scared out of you.
Last year I posted my top 10 scariest movies of all time picks. This year, I am expanding the list to include my top 25 picks. I'd love to know your scary movie picks, so please check out my list and then leave a comment below to let me know which great movies I may have missed.
My top 25 picks for scariest horror movies of all time:
25. Friday the 13th (1980) - I am not a big fan of slasher flicks, but, of all the Jason movies, this one was definitely the best and a must-see for horror fans.
24. Cujo (1983) - This is a classic. If you ever needed a reason not to put off taking your dog to the vet for his or her rabies vaccination, here it is.
23. Salem's Lot (2004) - It's a little slow to get started, but it makes my list for the vampire at the window scene alone.
22. The Others (2001) - This movie isn't necessarily scary for the reasons it is supposed to be scary. There are plenty of gotcha moments, but the neurotic Grace Stewart as played by Nicole Kidman makes this movie worth watching.
21. Psycho (1960) - This is probably one of the best known horror films of all time and for good reason. It's also full of lots of life lessons -- crime doesn't pay, stay away from men with mommy issues, etc.
20. Scream (1996) - Sure it had its creepy moments, but this movie made my list because it is also hilarious in parts. I like to be entertained and "Scream" does just that.
19. The Skeleton Key (2005) - This film is often overlooked, but it had a genuinely horrifying ending. The movie itself also has plenty of thrills and chills.
18. Silence of the Lambs (1991) - Honestly, this movie was disturbing on so many levels. Anthony Hopkins was great though.
17. Final Destination (2000) - I don't normally go for gore, but you have to give these writers credit for some seriously creative ways to die. I enjoyed the sequels as well.
16. Jaws (1975) - As many times as I have seen this movie, I still jump at the scene when Hooper is exploring around that abandoned boat. Good stuff. Too bad they had to go and make Jaws 2 and 3.
15. Carrie (1976) - This movie is almost more sad than scary. You can't help but feel sorry for Carrie. The moral of the story? Don't be a bully ... or else!
14. Poltergeist 2 (1986) - In some ways, this movie was scarier than the first. If you haven't seen it, you should.
13. The Sixth Sense (1999) - Some people don't think this movie was very scary. I disagree. It had some awesome moments. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but the plot twist was great and had me fooled.
12. The Exorcist (1973) - Pretty much anything with demons and whatnot really creeps me out and this movie is the king of demon movies.
11. Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) - This movie was fun. It may not be the best horror movie ever made, but I liked it better than the first Paranormal Activity.
Click here for my top 10 picks for scariest movies of all time.
Now it’s your turn. What are your picks for the scariest movies of all time? Tell us in the comments.