Imagine owning a car that gets 261 mpg. The Volkswagen VW XL1, according to AOL autos, will be the most fuel-efficient and most aerodynamic production car in the world.
The XL1, introduced as a concept car over a decade ago, features a 2-cylinder diesel engine along with a 20 kW electric motor powered by a lithium-ion battery. The drawbacks -- the car only seats two people and the price tag will be in the six-figure range.
Interested in a fuel-efficient or "green" vehicle, but don't want to wait for the VW XL1 or not interested in spending six-figures on a car? There are plenty of fuel efficient vehicles available in Buford including (click on the hyperlinked text for more information):
- 2010 Toyota Prius Two (Team Toyota Mall of Georgia) - This hybrid vehicle with 52,786 miles averages 50 miles per gallon and is priced at $19,988.
- 2011 Honda Insight EX (Shad Mitsubishi) - This 2-wheel drive vehicle averages 41 miles per gallon and is priced at $13,997.
- 2011 Nissan Leaf SV (Shad Mitsubishi) - This electric car, has a combined EPA fuel economy of 99 miles per gallon equivalent. It is available for $19,997.
Are you interested in owning a hybrid or electric vehicle? Why or why not? Let us know in the comments.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Buford Wheels: The Fast and the Expensive
- Buford Wheels: Corvettes for Sale
- Buford Wheels: Ford Mustangs for Sale
- Buford Cars for Sale: Demand Surging for Jeeps