In just a few hours, some lucky person might be half a billion dollars richer.
Each Powerball ticket cost $2. Players choose five numbers plus a sixth Powerball number. Players matching all six numbers can select an annuitized amount paid out over 29 years or a lump sum payment. For complete details, visit the Powerball website.
ABC News reports lottery officials expect to sell more than 105,000 tickets every minute before the drawing. Despite the long odds for the big jackpot, the overall odds of winning a prize are considerably better at 1 in 55.
Since the last drawing on Nov. 24, the Powerball jackpot has grown by over $100 million to a record $550 million. The estimated cash payout is $360.2 million. The last set of winning numbers was drawn on Oct. 16.
What would you do with $550 million? Let us know in the comments.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Dacula Man Wins Fantasy 5
- Dacula Family Wins Lottery Again
- Winning Lottery Ticket Sold at Dacula Publix
- Lottery Sales Top $3.5 Billion for Last Fiscal Year
- Hoschton Convenience Store Sells Winning Lottery Ticket
- Dacula Cancer Patient Wins Half a Million Dollars Playing Fantasy Five
- Hoschton Man Wins $1 Million in Georgia Lottery