Feb. 14 is upon us -- that's right. It's Valentine's Day. Need a last minute gift idea? We've got you covered. Here are 10 quick and easy last minute Valentine's Day gift suggestions to keep you out of the proverbial dog house.
- Homemade gift certificates - Grab a pen, some colored paper and get busy creating
- Romantic gesture - A Patch reader wrote, "One year I came home to about 100 folded pieces of paper all over the bed, each with a different reason why he loves me. Best present ever!" This is a great last minute Valentine's Day gift idea for him or her.
- Sing him or her a love song - Getting serenaded is pretty romantic. Here's a list of 10 romantic songs you could use to woo him or her this Valentine's Day.
- Flowers - Predictable? Yes. Easily obtainable? Yes. A last minute gift idea win? Yes. You can grab a bouquet and then impress him or her with your knowledge of flower lore.
- Dedicate a book in his or her honor – With just a phone call or a few clicks, you can give your sweetheart an incredibly thoughtful and romantic gift. For $25, you can dedicate a book in his or her honor at the Gwinnett County Public Library. All gift recipients will receive a dedication card. Want to really impress your sweetheart? Dedicate two books for $50, three books for $75, a whole shelf of books for $500 or go all out and dedicate a whole section of books for $2,500. This is a great way to show your love while helping the Buford - Sugar Hill Library. For more information, call 770-978-5154 or email supportGCPL@gwinnettpl.org.
- Sponsor a dog in your loved one’s name – You can do this online in minutes. Your sweetheart may already have a pet, but here’s a way to get him or her another furry friend without actually bringing one home. For $50 you can sponsor a dog in your sweetheart’s name through Operation Second Chance’s Jail House Dogs. Sponsors receive a certificate when their dog is adopted and have their name listed under their sponsored dog’s photo. This is a great way to make your loved one happy while helping our furry friends.
- Chocolates, candies or other sweets – Once again, this is a quick and easy gift for last minute shoppers.
- Date night - The restaurants will be crowded, but you should still be able to take your sweetheart to a movie. If this is all you have for Valentine's Day, better let him or her pick the movie -- and splurge for popcorn and Coke. Seriously.
- Cook something special - If you can't get a reservation for his or her favorite restaurant, cook dinner or maybe just whip up a special treat like Magical Chocolate Delight.
- Post a romantic note for all the world to see - Want to get his or her attention? Publicly declare your love and affection by posting a free Valentine’s Day message for your sweetheart on Buford Patch.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Check out Pinterest for Valentine's Day Crafts and Recipes
- Top 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her
- Top 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
- 10 Free Valentine's Day Gifts
- Valentine's Day Trivia: Test Your Valentine's Day Knowledge