The I-85 toll lanes may eventually be extended past the Mall of Georgia in Buford all the way to Hamilton Road or even Chateau Elan, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
The AJC reports state transportation leaders are in favor of extending the toll lanes in Gwinnett County. Construction could begin in 2017 if approved.
As part of the project, an additional lane would be constructed to avoid losing capacity in the free lanes, WSBradio.com reported.
Would you like to see the toll lanes extended to Hamilton Mill or Chateau Elan? What do you think about the toll lane project in general? Let us know in the comments.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Deal Lowers Toll Lane Rate
- UPDATED: Would You Sign a Petition to End the HOT Lanes?
- HOT Lanes: Traffic Management or Government Extortion?
- Will You Join the Fight Against the HOT Lane?
- HOT Lane Protest Groups Form Coalition
- County: Transit Fares Should Cover a Third of Operating Costs