Here are the 10 most popular stories on Buford Patch for the week ending Feb. 22:
1. Buford Man Reportedly Claims to Be Officer Working out of Nonexistent GCPD Precinct
A Buford man was arrested on Feb. 16 after reportedly claiming he was a Gwinnett County Police officer.
2. Buford Business Damaged by Fire
No one was injured in a Feb. 18 fire that caused extensive damage to a Hamilton Mill Road business.
3. Man Wanted in Gwinnett Dies After Crashing Car Into Police Cruiser
Jeremiah Johnson, 33, was wanted in Gwinnett on charges stemming from a Jan. 11 traffic stop in Buford, Ga. His 5-year-old son was in the car when he crashed into the police cruiser. The child was seriously injured.
A woman reportedly fired warning gunshots into the air after a man mistakenly knocked on her back door.
5. Officials Release the Name of Man Missing on Lake Lanier
The Department of Natural Resources confirmed that crews are searching for George M. Counts of Tucker.
6. Man: ‘I Took 34 Cold Pills’
A Sugar Hill man who admitted taking a large quantity of cold medicine was arrested after being found walking in the parking lot of the Buford Target in a disoriented state.
A look at recent health inspections for Buford, Ga. restaurants.
8. Buford Area Foreclosures: Feb. 20
A look at five of the foreclosures on the market in Buford this week.
Several Buford residents were booked into the Gwinnett County Jail between Feb. 16 and Feb. 19.
10. Buford Cars for Sale: Demand Surging for Jeeps
Chrysler having difficulty meeting demand for Wranglers and Jeep Grand Cherokees, but there are plenty of used Jeeps on the market in Buford.