While Veterans Day was officially on Sunday, Nov. 11, it is being observed on Monday, Nov. 12. This Veterans' Day, a number of local restaurants are giving away free meals to our nation's bravest.
Here is a list of restaurants with Gwinnett locations that offer specials for Veterans. Each restaurant's participation may vary. Most require a form of military identification
- Denny’s - Free pancakes, Monday, Nov. 12 2012: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12, for all active, retirees, and veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
- Golden Corral - On Monday, Nov. 12, between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m., veterans get a free meal.
- Longhorn's - On Monday, Nov. 12 get a free appetizer and drink.
- Outback Steakhouse - On Nov. 12, 2012 military personnel and veterans get a free Bloomin’ Onion and Coca-Cola. Must have valid identification. Also, receive 10 percent off the entire guest check (excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuity) through Dec. 31, 2012.
- Texas Roadhouse - Every Texas Roadhouse location across the country will participate in a free lunch event to honor the men and women of our armed forces on Monday, Nov. 12. Choose from one of 10 free meals, plus sides and a drink. Offer good for All veterans, including all active, retired or former U.S. military. ID Required.
- T.G.I. Friday’s - Free lunch, Monday, Nov. 12, valid for all U.S. Military personnel and veterans. Must wear uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID.
- Sweet Tomatoes - On Nov. 12, get a free meal with purchase of a regular price meal by being in uniform or showing military ID.
Visit this website to find more restaurants.
Do you know of any other local restaurants and businesses offering discounts to veterans? Let us know in comments below so we can get the word out to our local veterans.