The East Metro Health District is tasked with ensuring restaurant compliance with applicable health and safety regulations. The following restaurant failed its Jan. 9 inspection. The following score is the most recent score posted on the East Metro Health District website as of Jan. 10.
- Violation of Code: [.04(4)(a) ] Employee handled ready-to-eat tortillas with his bare hands. Employee handled green tomato salad with his bare hands. Foods were discarded. Food employees shall not contact exposed, ready-to-eat food with their bare hands and shall use suitable utensils such as deli tissue, spatulas, tongs, single-use gloves, or dispensing equipment. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(4)(c)1(i)-(iii),(v),(viii) ] Unwashed produce stored above washed/ready-to-eat/cut produce in the walk-in cooler. Unwashed produce moved below ready-to-eat/washed produce. Raw chorizo stored above ready-to-eat rice, soup, bread, cooked pork, cooked chicken in the walk-in cooler. Raw chicken, raw beef stored above raw shell eggs in the walk-in cooler. Raw beef liver stored above cooked meats in the walk-in cooler. Raw animal foods moved below cooked/ready-to-eat foods. Raw animal foods organized by minimum cooking temperatures. Store unwashed produce below washed/ready-to-eat produce & cooked/ready-to-eat foods. Store raw animal foods by minimum cooking temperatures. Food storage chart provided. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(6)(f) ] Potentially hazardous foods holding for 2 hours in the cold top cooler were >41F: Remoulade sauce 45F, made in house chipotle ranch dressing 44F. Foods were >41F because they were placed above the top of the cooler. Foods moved to the walk-in cooler to rapidly cool. Potentially hazardous food (time/temperature control for safety food) shall be maintained at 41°F (5°C) or below. **IF YOU RECEIVE ANOTHER REPEAT VIOLATION ON THE NEXT INSPECTION, YOUR PERMIT MAY BE SUSPENDED FOR 3RD REPEAT VIOLATION. Corrected On-Site. Repeat Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(6)(g) ] Missing date marks on: made in house salad dressings, chicken salad, crab cake mix, chorizo, crab meat. Foods were date marked. Refrigerated, ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food (time / temperature control for safety food) prepared and held in a food establishment for more than 24 hours shall be clearly marked to indicate the date or day by which the food shall be consumed on the premises, sold, or discarded, which is including the day of preparation a maximum of seven (7) calendar days from the day the food is prepared if the food is maintained at 41°F (5°C) or below. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(6)(h) ] Cooked stuffed mushrooms were dated 1/2, cajun butter dated 1/2. Foods were discarded. A food that requires datemarking shall be discarded if it exceeds 7 days. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.07(6)(g) ] Chlorine sanitizer >200ppm in the kitchen sanitizer bucket. Sanitizer solution was adjusted at the time of inspection. Ensure sanitizer is at approved concentration. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(4)(d) ] Unlabeled sauces, seasonings, flour, made in house dressings. Foods were labeled. Working containers holding food or food ingredients that are removed from their original packages for use in the food establishment shall be identified with the common name of the food. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(4)(g) ] Employee took romaine lettuce out of the original package & cut it prior to washing. Raw fruits and vegetables shall be thoroughly washed in water, in a sink designated for that purpose only, to remove soil and other contaminants before being cut, combined with other ingredients, cooked, served, or offered for human consumption in ready-to-eat form. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.07(4)(b) ] Employee keys, glasses, cell phone & cigarettes were stored next to/above food on the storage shelves. Lockers or other suitable facilities shall be provided and used for the orderly storage of employees' clothing and other possessions. Store employee personal items below/away from food, food areas, clean equipment, clean utensils, clean linens. New Violation.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Buford Restaurant Gets OK to Reopen After Permit Suspended
- Restaurant Employee Touches Food With Bare Hands and Other Violations
- Downtown Buford Restaurant Scores an 80
- Another Buford Burger King Aces Its Health Inspection
- New Health Inspection Scores Posted for Several Downtown Buford Restaurants