Money, Phone Cards Stolen During New Year’s Eve Burglary
Incident occurred at a Buford grocery store.
A burglar or burglars rang in the new year by breaking into the Supermercado on Peachtree Industrial Boulevard in Buford.
The store manager advised police that it appeared the burglar or burglars pried open the back door to the store, possibly using a crowbar. Once inside, the burglar(s) walked to the front of the store, entered an office and stole $180 out of a register. Approximately $400 in phone cards were also taken.
According to the Gwinnett County Police incident report, the office door is secured using a combination that only some of the employees have. The door appeared to have been opened using that combination and did not show any signs of forced entry.
The surveillance cameras on the property were inoperative at the time of the burglary. The incident is believed to have occurred some time between 6 p.m. on Dec. 31 and 11 a.m. on Jan. 1.
The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Over $400 Worth of Merchandise Stolen After Bags Left Unattended
- Multiple Townhomes Burglarized, Appliances Stolen
- Police Blotter: Stolen Catalytic Converter, Missing Tools and Ungodly Behavior
- Customer’s ‘Yapping’ Leads to Armed Confrontation
- Father Reportedly Threatened During Child Custody Discussion