Items Stolen out of Trunk While Woman Shopped at Mall of Georgia
The woman said the items had been stored out of sight.
A Cleveland, Ga. woman took precautions to avoid becoming a victim of crime during a recent visit to the Mall of Georgia, but her efforts proved inadequate.
The woman said she parked her vehicle in the upper lot of J.C. Penney's at approximately 4 p.m. on Dec. 1. When she returned an hour and a half later, she discovered her car had been entered.
According to the police report, the woman had locked her doors and secured several purchases made earlier in the day in the trunk. The door locks were intact, but the weather stripping on the passenger side door had been damaged. Both the trunk and the glove box were open when the woman returned to her car.
The investigating officer was able to lift two fingerprints off the car. The prints were submitted for further analysis.
The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Young Robber Snatches Woman’s iPhone at Mall of Georgia
- Woman Robbed in Parking Lot of Hamilton Mill Road Kroger
- Police: Holidays Bring Increase in Credit Card Fraud Cases
- Stolen Landscaping Truck Involved in Hit and Run
- UPDATE: Armed Suspect Tased, Fatally Shot by Police in Buford
- Florida Woman Accused of Using Fraudulently Obtained Money During Buford Shopping Spree
- Man Clad Only in Underwear Causes Disturbance at Buford Hotel