Father Reportedly Threatened During Child Custody Discussion
Man said his ex-wife’s boyfriend assaulted him during a Dec. 28 encounter in Buford.
A Buford man said his ex-wife’s boyfriend threatened him with physical assault during a Dec. 28 meeting at a church near the intersection of Thompson Mill Road and Sardis Church Road.
The Buford man said he and his ex-wife were discussing custody of their children when the ex-wife’s boyfriend “got in his face” and told him to shut up. The man said he told the boyfriend that he was not talking to him. At that point, the boyfriend allegedly threatened to break the Buford man’s neck. The Buford man reportedly got in his car and drove away before the situation escalated further.
According to the Gwinnett County Police report, the Buford man said the threats are an ongoing problem.
No arrests were made. The case is listed as active.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Buford Man Discovers Identity Theft When Credit Card Statement Arrives
- 17 Killed in Holiday Weekend Accidents in Georgia
- Over $400 Worth of Merchandise Stolen After Bags Left Unattended
- Multiple Townhomes Burglarized, Appliances Stolen
- Police Blotter: Stolen Catalytic Converter, Missing Tools and Ungodly Behavior
- Customer’s ‘Yapping’ Leads to Armed Confrontation