Arrestee: ‘How the Hell Did I Get in a Police Car?’
Reportedly intoxicated male awakens upon arrival at jail saying, “I know I’m a violator but what did I do?”
A Dacula man literally had a rude awakening upon finding himself in a patrol car after a night of drinking at a local bar.
Gwinnett County Police were called to Shenanigans, located at 1250 Auburn Road, in the early morning hours of Nov. 25 after patrons and employees were unsuccessful in their attempts to calm Billy Thompson Jr., 37, of Dacula.
An officer arrived at the scene and saw Thompson swaying back and forth while another man kept him from falling to the ground.
“When I walked up to the male, I heard a woman yell to me, ‘Officer, be careful. That guy will hit you’,” the officer wrote in the arrest report.
Several male patrons advised that Thompson had struck them when they tried to help him. None of the men wanted to prosecute.
Due to Thompson’s seemingly inebriated condition, the officer advised him to sit down before he fell down.
“At that point the male just stared at me and all of his body weight went forward which caused his legs to buckle,” the officer wrote. “I held onto his left arm but the male fell face first onto the sidewalk of the establishment.”
You might also be interested in reading:
- Pantless Woman Found Standing Alongside I-85
- Male Armed With Pistol ‘Buys’ Energy Drink So He Can Rob Hamilton Mill BP Station
- Keypad Pried off Car Door at Park, Two Guns Stolen
- DFACS Worker Threatened, Pursued by Woman Wielding Broken Broom Handle
- Woman Reportedly Slaps Man at Bar, Calls 12Stone a ‘Cult’
- Bull-Wrestler Arrested After Refusing to Leave Party
- Three Arrested After Drugs, Gun and Ledger Found in Car